Saturday, August 7, 2010

More Layouts

Here is a layout I just finished today.  It is based on a sketch from PageMap Blog and I am entering it in my first challenge with her.  I was excited about how it turned out.  I tried a few different techniques.  First I heat embossed the title, date, and the chipboard corner accents.  I had never tried heat embossing chipboard before and I really like how it turned out.  Second, before I embossed I mixed my colors.  I used CTMH's Outdoor Denim embossing powder but I didn't want it quite so dark, so I added some Metalic Silver to it.  I thought it matched wonderfully.  What do you think?


This second layout is about my son learning to ski and quickly becoming very good.  We are pretty proud of him.  I scraplifted a layout from an issue of Scrapbooking Etc.  I haven't decided if I like this layout or not.  I have a lot going on and I usually do not have that sort of look on my layouts.  I wanted it to have a wet look and I was inspired by the water sprays in the pictures.  I crumpled and inked the blue background paper and I also used puff paint around the edges of the swirl and paper edges.  I also heat embossed the letters to keep a wet, shiny look.  I may send this to Scrapbooks, Etc. for the Make it Yours call if I decide I like it.


And on a personal note, I am excited to have two of my boys back from camp this morning!  They went to two camps, back to back, for the past two weeks.  I had them home only for about a day and half last week, before sending them off to the next one.  I am not used to so much down time in my life!!  It was very nice, but I think I prefer chaos!!  They both had a great time but I think they, too, are very glad to be home.  I'll do a layout on their camp experience, hopefully real soon!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment