Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summer Camp

Well, here in Texas, we are starting back to school tomorrow.  I have been back to work since Monday, which is part of the reason I haven't posted much.  That, and the fact that I am just getting used to this "blog thing"!  So far, so fun!!!

Before I got back to work, I was able to finish two layouts on two of my sons experience at Summer Camp.  One has become a Camp King!!  This was his third year at this camp and he has been very successful.  Although he is known as my stubborn wildcat around here, he evidently is an ideal camper at camp.  I'd sure like to know what secret the counselors use to get him to be such an obedient boy!  HA!  My youngest son started his camp career this year.  He had a great time as well and is already looking forward to going back again next year. 

HSYC, Yr. 3
 Patrick was awarded Best Camper in his cabin!  I scanned his award and printed it in a smaller version so it would fit on my layout.  I also used his wristband in the top right hand corner as an embellishment.   All papers and embellishments are from Close to My Heart.




HSYC, Yr. 1
This was Ryan's first year at HSYC.  His album is 81/2 x 11.  So to save space, I tucked a journal card behind the pictures on the right hand side.  The cardstock and stamps are CTMH, but the letters are from Autumn Leaves and the patterned papers are from Echo Park, Sweet Summertime line.  I just got them from my LSS, Keepsake Kottage.  I LOVE the letters!!!

Let me know what you think of these layouts and feel free to post your own layouts about your kids' summer camp experiences!!  I'd love to see them!!

1 comment:

  1. i love school pictures!!!My son's having them to,they are so nice for "later"
    Beautiful work!!!
    Have a nice weekend,Jolanda

    ReplyDelete